Thursday, February 3, 2011

Re-membering to Re-lease


While re-flecting on an Abraham Hicks video I watched yesterday, I had an awareness I am grateful I re-membered. The topic was how children with special needs can teach us that we can not change them - we cannot control them. As I thought about it I was thinking of all the times I have tried to control someone else, and failed.


I was re-minded of how miserable I was when I tried to control people, places and things around me. As I sat there pondering I had an "aha moment." Recently I have been experiencing a lot of serenity in my life, and every time I have been tempted to "figure it out," I have re-minded myself to just be. I have re-minded myself that if there is information for me to be aware of concerning this serenity it will come to me. That is exactly what happened.


Sitting there considering my serenity and the thoughts I had about trying to control things making me miserable I realized that lately I had let go of a lot of control. I had been catching myself when I want to control people places and things, and although I had not done it perfectly I had made the choice much sooner to re-lease control and let it be.


Ahhhhhhh, peace of mind.........

No comments:

Post a Comment