Thursday, February 17, 2011

None of My Business

What you think of me is none of my business.

I thought I was mostly unconcerned with what others think of me. On the surface, I will wear whatever clothes I want, go out in public without make up on all of the time, and do pretty much whatever I feel like at any given moment. Recently I noticed that under the surface I have more concern about what others think of me than I thought.

I find I occasionally check myself against what I think others think of me. I find this interesting since what someone thinks about me is generally based on their outside perception. So, what is it that makes me think they know something about who I am on the inside? Truly, what someone else thinks of me inside or out is none of my business. Truly, their thoughts (or judgements) are outside of me, and what is true about me is right smack dab at the center or me.

Oh ya!

Today's journalling question:

Are there ways I am giving energy to what people think of me that I may have previously been unaware of?

No comments:

Post a Comment