Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." -Rumi

Okay, since deciding a couple of days ago to post this quote today for Valentine's Day I have taken on the task (somewhat consciously and somewhat unconsciously) and I have FOUND THE BARRIERS....or rather it seems as if they have found me!

Funny how when I consciously give my unconscious an invitation to grow it RUNS WITH IT! A friend of mine today re-minded me that my unconscious thinks its job is to protect me. Hmm, I think my unconscious might be working overtime.

I noticed when I consciously decided to let go of a barrier to love in my life today, my unconscious immediately went into a full blown tantrum (to protect me - LOL)! Gratefully I could re-cognize it as a tantrum right away.

I watched it with amusement like, "Gee, isn't that cute how my subconscious thinks it is protecting me by throwing a tantrum and setting up a "barrier" between me and my love." Actually, no not so cute. I kindly thanked my "unconscious" for doing "its job." It was more of a thanks, but no thanks - "I appreciate your help, but I got this one." The tantrum continued, I noticed it, detatched, and was able to gracefully move past it. WOW! I love it when that happens!

Today's journalling question:

What are the barriers you have built against love? Do you notice your subconscious throwing any tantrums in your life? (Hint: The subconscious "throwing a tantrum" is more commonly identified as a problem or issue in your life) What is your subconscious "protecting" you from?

No comments:

Post a Comment