Sunday, February 13, 2011

Serenity Sabotage

I sincerely hope you do not need this re-minder, but I for one can use it pretty regularly, so if you do need it I hope it is helpful. If not, please be patient with those of us who do. Those of us who can relate to this re-minder, have lived with a lot of chaos, and okay I will just admit it, drama. When we find ourselves in a peaceful situation it is an unconscious re-action (acting again without thinking) to create chaos and/or drama. Unfortunately this is a bummer for us and those who are close to us.

Like I said, this is unconscious, so it is a little tricky. In the midst of all the chaos or drama we stored reaction in our unconsious that interestingly enough triggers us to create chaos and drama because it became our comfort zone. It is time to make a new comfort zone.

How do you do that????

One thing that can help is just re-mind yourself often - I notice it is peaceful in my life, and I choose to stay in this peaceful place. I do not need to create chaos or drama to feel comfortable. I choose to allow myself to experience this peace instead.

Today's journalling question:

Is there anywhere in your life where you are sabotaging your serenity? What kind of chaos is comfortable for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment