Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Little + A Little = A lot

And....
A little minus A little = NONE!
I was inspired to start Re-minderz because I am always amazed at how something I have known forever can slip my awareness and then turn out to be exactly the wisdom I need in a particular situation. Again this is true for me...
I often don't think of the little things. I have a commitment to myself to take a 20 minute walk 3 times a week. It usually turns out to be 5 to 7 times a week, and often it is more than 20 minutes. I learned a long time ago that a small commitment usually leads me to more action, and the commitment stays there in the background as the bare minimum that I know is necessary for sanity in my life. This works for me. Even though often times I am only getting that small amount of exercise, I am almost always consistently getting exercise.

Interesting thing is I've notice that sometimes A little minus A little = Less Than I thought! This is true for exercise. When I get into a place where I am getting even less exercise than my commitment the first place I begin to notice it is not in how I feel physically, but emotionally! I guess I am a slow learner in this place because the awareness creeps back to me very slowly, and usually right in the middle of some melt down I wish I weren't having.

What I have found is the more I re-mind myself about this when I am on track the less I slip back into the less than zone!

Hmm, what other area might these simple mathematics be playing a role?



No comments:

Post a Comment