Friday, February 25, 2011

What Are You 'Fraid Of?

I was thinking today about a story from when I was a kid. My children love this story. Today when I was thinking of it, it had a new helpful twist.

My family was sitting around the table at a pizza parlor when my step mother noticed my fathers shirt was all worn out. She couldn't believe he was wearing that shirt to a restaurant. She looked at him and said, "Wayne, your sleeves are all frayed."

My dad lifted his wrist close to his face and said in a cute, little squeaky voice, "What are you 'fraid of little sleeve?" My brother and I cracked up at his pun.

My girls ask me to repeat this story so often I think of it all of the time. Today when I was meditating on some recent challenges in my life I could hear my dad's voice asking, "What are you 'fraid of little Tanya?" It was the perfect question to help me work through what was on my mind.

One of my fond childhood memories became a great re-minder for me. I think I will ask myself this question often as I go about my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment