Saturday, February 5, 2011

Peace of Mind Funk


Yesterday I was in the strangest funk. For lack of a better way to describe it, I am going to call it my peace of mind funk. Peace of mind because for quite some time I have been in a good place. Oh sure, things come up, but overall I really have nothing to complain about. Really! It is awesome. And, I have been pretty good at not analyzing it and just letting myself be here, noticing the beauty of it all.


So, when I found myself a little on the down side yesterday it was such a peculiar feeling. I felt down, but for no particular reason. It wasn't a "bad" feeling just a little heavy. I noticed I wanted to analyze it, but I kept re-minding myself to just be here.


I did all of the things I normally do, I journalled, talked with a friend, meditated, read some inspiring things, went for a walk in the sunshine and finally even took a nap. I still felt about the same. That's when I picked up a novel I had started a couple of months ago. It felt so nice to ease into a good story. I had forgotten how nice a "no thinking, easy going, not gonna necessarily learn anything from this" book can be.


I am grateful I re-membered!

No comments:

Post a Comment