Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Internal? External?

Today's journal question:

Are you an internal or external processor?

I am definitely an external processor. Some people take things in and stew on them and then after a time it is all processed and they are good with it. Not me, I need to process it in some way externally, by talking to a friend, writing about it or at least taking a walk while I think about it.

Absolutely, we all do some of both. I can say I am so grateful to have clarity on what really works best for me. I am pretty good at listening to my intuition and realizing if I need to call a friend, or go take a nap.

Right in the middle of something that really needs to be processed is not the time to figure out what works best for you. Think back to what has worked well in the past. You will fine tune what works for you now that you are being aware. Start from awareness and that alone will help.

2 comments:

  1. Mostly I am an internal processor. I do need external input however when I get stuck in process mode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Proud Mama. I have heard a lot of internal processors say this same thing!

    ReplyDelete