Saturday, February 12, 2011

Great Questions

In alignment with my suggestion to "get in the pond" in my January 12th post I am reading a book I bumped into at the library, Writing to Change the World," by Mary Pipher. It is definitely keeping me in the "pond," and makes it easier for me to "keep swimming." It has an exercise that is right in tune with my new theme on journalling. I am including the exercises here and hope you get as much from it as I have. Enjoy!
Ms. Pipher suggests answering these questions on paper to help change writers find their voice, but I think most if not all are great questions for anyone.

What makes you laugh, cry and open your heart? (Ooooo, I particularly like this question!)
What points do you repeatedly make to those you love?
What topics keep you up at night, or help you fall asleep?
What do you know to be true?
What do you consider to be evil?
What is beautiful to you?
What do you most respect in others?
What excites your curiosity?
If you were the ruler of the world, what would you do first?
What do you want to accomplish before you die?

Can't wait to hear how you enjoyed this exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment