Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Lord's Prayer

Day 7 of 21 Days of Prayer Outside the Box

Many prayers from my childhood made no sense to me.  Sometimes I just didn't get it.  Other times there were things said in the prayer that seemed contrary to the Love of God as all encompassing.  The Lord's Prayer is one that just seemed like a chant of things that didn't apply to me or my life until I began to look at it from a metaphysical standpoint and then further allowing the interpretation to come to my heart.  The interpretation I share with you today is personal to me. I share it because I invite you to find what resonates with your heart. I encourage you to take what you like and leave the rest.


Our Father who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name.

I am reminded that as a child of a loving father who is all Good, I am made in his image and likeness of all Goodness.

Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

May I be happy, joyous and free in my physical world as I am at my center.

Give us this day our daily bread,

Now is How

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who have trespassed against us.

And grant me relief when I take action that is misaligned with Truth as I cease to resent those who take action that is misaligned with Truth.

Leave us not in temptation but deliver us from error.

Leave me not in the allure of error and deliver me from error thoughts.

For Thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory, forever. Amen.

For my Higher Power is Bigger than anything I fear, ever.  Amen


I have been asked, if you translate it why not just use the translation?"  I can say that, for me, there is a sense of serenity that comes from making peace with the traditional form.  It hasn't always been that way for me.  I think it is kind of like being able to translate something into another language, but it still has a certain beauty in its original language.  Also, this is another one I sing to myself, and I think the music (although at one time I rejected it) is soothing to my soul. 



No comments:

Post a Comment