Thursday, December 19, 2013

Prayer for Protection


Day 9 of 21 Days of Prayer Outside the Box

I recently had an aha moment that builds on an aha moment I had a few months ago about letting go of the need to protect others and being totally present instead.  Don't you love it when that happens?!!

In the lesson 68 of A Course in Miracles it states, "Love holds no grievances.  When I let all my grievances go I will know I am perfectly safe."  My first thought was I think it is the other way around.  If I felt safe I could let go of my grievances.  I opened a space to be willing to see it as it was written in the lesson.  After letting it simmer in my awareness for 24 hours I had a deeper understanding of the fact that I hold on to my grievances thinking that will keep me safe.  Immediately, I was aware that is insane.   Somehow from that deeper awareness I could begin to let go.  Something about being aware that my grievances aren't going to make me safe reminded me of the Truth that I AM safe.  Getting present to that, I could feel the need to hold on to the grievances slipping away.  I could feel strength and courage welling up in its place.

Immediately I remembered this prayer that I have repeated often.  This prayer has been paving the way for this aha moment, this moment of re-alignment with Truth.

Prayer for Proctection
by James Dillet Freeman

The Light of God surrounds me;
The Love of God enfolds me:
The Power of God protects me;
And the Presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is!

This is one of my all time prayers.  Of course you can change "me" to "us" or a specific person's name, etc. I often take just the last line as a mantra.  To me that last line explains why being present is so powerful.
 I hope this prayer brings you as much peace and aha as it has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment