Saturday, December 14, 2013

Every Word Uttered

Day 4 of 21 Days of Prayer

Years ago I heard Caroline Myss say every word we utter is a prayer (on a cassette tape I had of her speaking, which tells you how long ago :)

That really made me think about what I was saying.  Although I quickly realized it is daunting and actually next to impossible to monitor our every word, it did make me much more aware.  What ended up being the most helpful for me was to start consciously making the choice to add more positive words rather than try to change every word all at once.

For today, begin to notice what things you are saying that may not be the prayer you would want to be putting out.  Become aware.

Become intentional.  Perhaps you will take one of the prayer ideas from the first three days or one of your own favorites and say it several times throughout your day.  Be gentle and loving with yourself in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment