Friday, December 27, 2013

God Can Take It



Day 17 of 21 Days of Prayer Outside the Box


Years ago I learned that God can take it when I get angry.  In fact, I found that this is one of the best ways to express my anger in a safe and effective manner.  A friend once told me, "God can take it when you are angry.  Just talk to him.  It is okay to express your anger authentically."  At the time, this felt like news to me. It seemed wrong.  I wasn't necessarily ever told I couldn't be angry with God, but somehow I ended up with that belief.

The first time I actually tried it, I remember sort of looking around, afraid I might get caught.  It makes me kind of laugh now, and it also seems a little sad how afraid I was to be authentic with my Higher Power. Today, this is a comfortable and comforting type of prayer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment