Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bless that Bleep


Day 19 of 21 Days of Prayer Outside the Box

When I first learned the concept of praying for someone I was really upset with I struggled with the concept and the prayer.  I trusted that it worked because I heard from trusted friends that it had worked for them, so I tried praying.  Mostly I told God I was willing to pray for them, but I had no idea how.

One day one of those friends shared with me the words she used that had been passed to her from another. She said, "Oh, I just pray, 'God, Bless that  son of a Bleep right out of my life'" (Fill in the Bleep with what works for you).  I laughed so hard.  She was serious.  She said it works.  Praying for  the person's joy is very effective, but if you can't get that our of your mouth you go with the process of getting there.  Again, God can handle it.  Again, an authentic prayer.

I don't remember if I have ever actually prayed those words.  I think I probably did, at least once or twice.  The most powerful part for me was laughing so hard, getting over myself, and getting over trying to do it "right."

Today my favorite prayer for someone who upsets me is from Day 15, but if I can't bring myself to that prayer I know this one will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment