Saturday, December 21, 2013

Talking to a Friend

Day 11 of 21 Days of Prayer Outside the Box

It wouldn't be 21 days of any kind of prayer without what I call "talking to a friend" prayer.  As much as my prayer time is nothing like it was years ago, this particular type of prayer from the very beginnings of my life is still one of my favorites, and one I turn to particularly in difficult times.

For me I imagine God/Spirit/Love as my friend or sibling, someone very close to me who I can turn to actually a lot like an older, wiser, sibling.  I speak to them as if they were there sitting with me or we might be taking a walk together.  During this time I feel at ease to say anything that is on my mind to an unconditionally loving listener.

I find this prayer very soothing and comforting. I hope you to do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment