Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Changing People


"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." - Maya Angelou
Leave it to Maya to tell it like it is! This is so true. I remember years ago finally realizing that I could not change anyone but myself. This was news to me, and I have to admit it was news I wasn't too excited about. At the time, I was sure that there were other people, besides me, who were making my life miserable.

When I finally accepted that I could not change them, and that I could change myself, I went to work on the latter. I was absolutely amazed. I would have sworn to you that those other people changed! As I took a closer look I was clear, the others had not changed at all, what had changed was my attitude towards them!

Today's journal question:

Is there anyone who you would like to change? How can you change your attitude towards them?

No comments:

Post a Comment