Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shift Happens

Today I was re-minded of one of the most powerful tools you can use to create success and serenity in your life - a consciousness shift! I think many of us are aware of the fact that the state of our consciousness creates our experience, but when things get tough we flounder for ways to shift our consciousness to align with what we want to experience.

A good friend of mine was experiencing a difficult challenge in her life today, the kind of challenge that would knock pretty much anyone off their center. Not too long after receiving unexpected difficult news she shared with me that she was taking time to go online and look at pictures of beautiful things. What a GREAT idea. The internet provides us with many tools. What an awesome idea to use it to shift our consciousness from what can feel all consuming towards faith in hopeful possibilities.


There are many ways that I have used this idea in my life, from simply talking with a friend, reading something inspiring, listening to music I love, remembering things I am grateful for, dancing around, and even just being silly with my kids. Sometimes different occassions call for different consciousness shifters.


Today's journal prompt:


What makes you feel joy, peace, love, gratitude? Make a list you can refer to when you need a consciousness lift. Keep the list in and easy to find location. Refer to in the next time you are feeling down or just need a little consciousness boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment