Monday, March 14, 2011

Be Specific

It is amazing how days slip through life like sand through time. I made one of those basic goal setting error when I said I would post to my blog 4-5 days a week. My subconscious went to work asking which 4-5 days that would be, and automatically assumed it would be the 4-5 days that aren't today!

Blog posting everyday was successful because it was so specific, clear and definite. Sometimes I slip into thinking, "That is ridiculous! I know what 4-5 days a week are. That is specific enough!" The interesting thing is it beats me every time!

You don't have to make your goals specific, unless you want to achieve them.

Today's journal question:

Are my goals specific enough? Could a 10 year old read them and tell me exactly how, when, where and why they are happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment