Monday, March 7, 2011

More Life Is Good...All the Time


I have found, as I wrote last week, that even though I know intellectually that Life IS Good, all the time, I don't always experience it that way on a feeling level. In my process, I have learned that stuffing those feelings, or denying their existence was not helpful. I could *know* that Life is Good, even in the midst of a difficulty, and it didn't mean I didn't feel angry, upset or sad.

In fact, I did feel all of those feelings, and sometimes more. As with any time I notice a feeling, I found the most helpful thing was to allow myself to feel what came up, and seek the guidance the feeling brought with it. I might ask myself questions to find out what that guidance was. I might just allow myself to feel and come back and explore it at another time.
Being gentle and non-judgemental of myself as I notice ALL of my thoughts, feelings and beliefs has been one of those things I need to re-mind myself often.
Today's Journal Question:
Am I accepting myself, with all my thoughts, feelings and beliefs, right where I am? What "ya but's" do I have around this?




No comments:

Post a Comment