Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Self Esteem Ideas

Judy from Phoenix, AZ liked the self esteem journal (see post March 16th, 2011) and had a great idea to share this concept with the children in our lives. These children could be your own children, or in Judy's case she was thinking of a child in her neighborhood. You could share this idea of a child in a class you teach or maybe share the idea with a friend who has children.

A couple of possibilities could be that you gift the child with a journal especially for creating self esteem statements, or maybe you just share your experience of your self esteem journal with them. Something like, "I recently started a self esteem journal, and I thought of you because you are someone I really like."

I agree with Judy's comment to the self esteem post. It would be really great if children were exposed to more ways to build self esteem. While I always advocate that the number one way to build a child's self esteem is for the parent to build their own self esteem, I think it is always a good idea to share lots of self esteem tools with children.

Thank you, Judy!

P.S. Another idea for building self esteem for children in your life - when you notice them, say so out loud. (ie. I notice how kind you were to your friend - or - I notice you are really working hard on your drawing - or - I notice you did a great job of stacking those books, etc.) This idea is basically the self esteem journal out loud!

Today's journal prompt:

Did you learn positive self esteem tools as a child? If not, what are the ways you can build your self esteem today?

No comments:

Post a Comment