Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stronger Voice


Recently I had a very difficult decision to make. After giving it careful consideration I realized that ultimately I knew what I wanted, but I was allowing my fear to keep me from following my heart.

I decided to gently re-mind myself that there was really nothing to fear in this situation, but everytime I used my peaceful, gentle voice to re-mind myself I felt like a yoyo being pulled back and forth between my gentle re-minder and my fear. Inside my head it sounded something like....

Gentle Re-minder: "There is nothing to fear. Everything is in order."

Fear: "You're crazy. You're making a big mistake."

Finally I realized that the gentle re-minder wasn't doing the trick. What I needed was a strong boundary with my fear. I changed my approach by raising my tone of voice. Everytime I felt the fear, stress or shame I started to say as if speaking directly to it, "STOP! I don't need your opinion. Leave me alone!"

It worked! Almost immediately I felt the stress fall away. I felt peace. I felt centered in my clarity to follow my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tanya! I needed this reminder so much right now!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete