Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Feather or Hammer


"The universe will teach us our lessons with the tickle of a feather or the whomp of a sledgehammer, depending on how open we are to learning the particular lesson. Getting stubborn and defensive invites the sledgehammer; getting open and curious invites the feather. It took me a long time to figure out who was in charge of the painfulness of my lessons." -Gay Hendricks, The Big Leap

When I read this passage I had to laugh out loud. Not only can I relate, but even after knowing who is in charge of the painfulness of my lessons I still find myself in the path of that hammer.

This is when I need to re-mind myself - progress not perfection. And, focus on the fact that I am choosing the feather more and more often. WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment