Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Gift Beyond Perfectionism


Here is a snippet from one of my favorite inspiring daily email messages Daily Groove about parenting, by Scotte Noelle. www.enjoyparenting.com/dailygroove

"Perfectionistic parenting is rooted in the false idea
that it's bad to make a mistake or fall short of one's
expectations."

I totally agree, and would add that perfectionism in any area of your life robs you of the opportunity to receive the gift of your mistakes, frustrations and challenges.

Today's re-minder - next time you notice you've made a mistake or fallen short of your expectations in any area of your life - stop - look and listen. This is opportunity knocking at your door. There is a gift hidden in this experience.

Ask yourself, "What if I allowed myself to be perfectly imperfect? What would happen if I let go of perfectionism? Keep consciously searching until you have received the gift of your awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment