Thursday, May 13, 2010

Let Go - Get What You Want


"I no longer presume to know how life should come or go: letting go in this way brings a sense of freedom." -Dan Millman, Wisdom of the Peaceful Warrior

If you've ever made plans for your life and had Life turn on a dime in the opposite direction of your plans, you can relate to this quote. When I read it I thought, how true.

As a coach I hear everyday how much we as people value freedom. This quote re-veals the secret to that freedom. Every day as I go about making my plans and letting go of the outcome, and watching as things unfold - sometimes as I planned and sometimes not at all as I planned (and sometimes it seems like it is never as I planned) - I notice that letting go of outcomes not only gives me freedom, but peace.

Those two go hand in hand for me. Think about it. Peace with out freedom? Freedom without peace? For me I want both. Whether things go as I planned or not I have re-alize that what I truly want is freedom and peace. What do you know? When I let go and go with the flow I get what I wanted no matter what I "get!"

No comments:

Post a Comment