Thursday, March 12, 2015

Possessed


"You get to the point where your demons, which are terrifying, get smaller and smaller and you get bigger and bigger." - August Wilson

When I came across this quote today it made more sense to me than ever before.

Not too awfully long ago I was working with my coach and feeling particularly challenged.  I said to her, I feel like I am possessed.  Her answer was, "That might be because it is like you are."  I laughed. Not exactly what one might want to hear, but it really validated the way I felt."  There was a huge lump of uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach that seemed like it was taking over me.  I was reacting to everything in my path.  I wasn't until I was able to really get present with it that it dissolved into this peaceful beingness that now seems like a refuge in a storm. Now after reading that quote I am realizing, I am becoming more me.

No comments:

Post a Comment