Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tears


The Soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. - Native American Proverb

Travelling through Wyoming a little over a week ago I came across this proverb that just really spoke to me. Only a few days before I had been discussing with a class how important tears are to the human emotional guidance system and how difficult it is for some of us to cry.

I personally have been blessed with the ability to cleanse my heart with tears, but it wasn't always without shame. I am grateful today for the journey, the people, and the years that have supported me in letting go of the shame and embrace all of my emotions as a part of the process. I am grateful for the rainbow that stretches across my Soul as a result of these experiences.

May your Soul be adorned with the brightest and most brilliant of rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment