Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby Steps



Just got back from a great trip to Lake Tahoe. While we were there we rode the gondola to the top of the mountain, and from there took a hike to the peak at Heavenly ski resort. It was awesome!

As we were starting the hike I was thinking of how out of shape I was and whether or not I would make it. We ran in to a wise woman who told us we could make it.

"Just take baby steps," she said.

"What if they (referring to the others we were hiking with) don't want to take baby steps," we asked.

In her wisdom she answered, "Just let them push ahead. It's not a race to the top. You will all make it."

So, I took her advice, and enjoyed a wonderful hike to the top, laughing with a friend, watching the others hike much faster, re-minding each other to take baby steps, sometimes walking a little faster and sometimes stopping to enjoy the view!

As I've returned home to my goals and millions of things I need to get done I am re-minding myself of the wise woman's words.....

BABY STEPS! Just let others do what they will. Keep taking baby steps. Enjoy the moment. I will get there in due time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tanya,

    Pauline connecting from here in sunny Ilford, Essex, UK (about 9 miles north east of central London) where I am currently living.

    Your message is particularly appropriate for me today so I thought I'd just let you know that the spirit of synchronicity is working with us today. I woke up with so many, many things whirring around in my head as I am in the middle of a transition (actually - you what, I'm giving up that illusion - truth is I am in permanent transition. Life is much easier when I release the expectation of sometime soon, I'll get there...wherever the there is at the time! The "there" is never exactly how I picture it as it constantly shifts anyway.)

    Your message aligned with something I chose, just this morning, to orient myself toward over the next few months. I decided that building the foundation for the next phase of my life will involve taking the "baby steps" of pacing myself, taking one day, one completion, honoring one small agreement with myself,at a time instead of constantly focussing breathlessly on what has yet to be done. You know - seeing the bigger picture of what "success" "should" look like as in your walk - looking at how fast others are going in order to judge you fitness condition, takes up HUGE energy.

    What wisdom you were offered in a timely and appropriate manner. When we are open to guidance - it does show up - often in very simple ways. Thank you - your Reminderz message echoed alignment with my soul. So just for today, I choose to take baby steps toward the next great thing.

    Thank you and what joy to reconnect through synchronicity.

    Pauline (from AWEE days)

    ReplyDelete